Sunday, September 18, 2005

 

College is sucking again


After a night of Stand Alone Complex watching and sketch drawing I've come to a few conclusions:

- Stand Alone Complex is awesome. Really. Awesome. It is so good. A score by Yoko Kanno, pitch perfect pacing, fluid and consistent animation, gripping plot... it's so good I forget it's anime. It's like Cowboy Bebop that way. You forget the same medium that produced DBZ, InuYasha and Witch Fucker Robin made something this smart and engaging.

- I am not the sketch artist I should be. I've been drawing off and on for years. Since 1st, 2nd, 3rd grade? When did I really become aware of that... thing I like to do? I dunno, but I've been holding a pencil to paper for years, drawing the same uninspired fan art junk forever, the characters and creations of other far greater minds, and I am nowhere near the caliber of Bruce Timm, Stephen Silver, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, Nobuteeru Yuki, Jim Lee, Michael Turner, Gabe of Penny Arcade or the 21-year-old genius behind http://pub.tenkuu.net/.

I mean... hot damn, those people are good. I'm positive nearly all of them are self-taught too. Sometimes I think I should drop out and just draw and play videogames all day. Oh, if only I could major in SLACKING. To be a professional slacker... That's the life for me. Here's my somewhat latest effort:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've done a few more since then but I've yet to scan them or do anything... Pewla.

- Speaking of college, I feel like it's sucking again. I promised myself I'd keep this rag private-life-bitching free, to only gush about movies/games/comic/things I love and hate but shit. There is a fucking electronic beeping outside in the hall and it won't go away. I called the front desk to notifty them. Two hours ago (note the time). Heck, it could be a fire alarm or something. The whole building could go up any moment. Hundreds would die. Not a damn thing was done. It's still beeping. How am I gonna sleep without pounding nails through my temples?

No one else cares, as they're too strung out or something to notice. Everyone I met and was introduced to by my amiable roommate... they're not my kind. Not my type of people at all. They don't look me in the eye when we talk, they don't remember things. They start a conversation with me then once something distracts them they forget I'm there. These are the people, who in high school, I'd never approach or have anything to do with and they'd never approach or have anything to do with me, because I'm the kid who sits at the table playing Advance Wars with his pals, not the one who talks and gets along with everybody. I'm the kid with a stupid blog... how likely!Yet I act like myself, really. I made the attempt. And often still do. I'm totally comfortable and on the level and everything but that's not good enough I guess. Because once you enter college, you immediately become a flake. And if you're not a flake you're left behind. Goddammit.

Perhaps it's the Zelda: Twilight Princess or DOA4 posters on my wall but most of 'em don't even come over anymore anyway. Not for me anyway. My roommate - he's pretty cool. And everyone agrees. Silly, isn't it? I'm 20 and I wanna be popular! How I might look:



*SIGH* ;_____;

Segue! Evangelion is gonna air on Adult Swim sometime in October. Evangelion - regarded by many as the greatest and most controversial anime/thing to ever EXIST on EARTH - is gonna be on American television for the first time ever. It's taken ten years but hey, it's on its way... so where are the advertisements? I love Adult Swim/Toonami's commercials. The commercials capture the feeling and essence of each show perfectly... the Full Metal Alchemist ads? Forget about it. Remember the Gundam Wing ones? Even Tenchi. And the ones for typical shounen show s-CRY-ed always make me laugh.

Golly, I'm tired. Oh well... how will I end this...




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?