Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 

AI no SENSHI


Some more of my sketches scanned from various workbooks, notebooks, sketchbooks.




Locke from FF6.



Kenshin and some girl.



Kenshin again. Expect more.



I started drawing something else but it just ended up as a dumb Sephiroth.



Ah. One of the main characters from Pulse (Kairo), the delectable horror movie by Kiyoshi Kurosawa. The American version is coming out in March with Boone from Lost and Veronica Mars starring. Ugh. The Japanese actor was really good in a goofy, charming way, like if Tidus from FFX was in a J-horror, as damning as that sounds.



Goofy Kenshin from the 50/50 awesome/awful series.



Supposed to be a sort of self portrait. Y'know, if I looked great from a profile angle, my hair obeyed me and I had Hughes scruff from Fullmetal Alchemist.



The last OVA-styled Rurouni Kenshin this time with a Bruce Timm-styled square jaw. I'm taking a modern Japanese literature class which involves a lot of the Meiji Restoration of 1868. The fictional Kenshin was supposed to have fought in that uprising so it was really cool to learn some of the history that went into the anime. Thus the sad, scarred ronin sketches.



Four views of Ashley Riot from Vagrant Story. In a Vagrant Story film adaptation I imagine him looking pained and/or determined in the rain, in the dark, at the end... Anthony Hopkins for Duke Bardorba!



Taking an anime class this semester. So far the first episode of Astro Boy was all we watched but we read some material about mythology. Evangelion matches nearly everything a myth needs like the father abandoning the hero. What would anime and RPGs be without that old chestnut?



I wanted to do something with dramatic shading but it ended up like some kind of emo thing. Bleh.



Goofy Batou. Grr! Teeth!



Now here's a Batou I can get behind! Unf! I like his Steven Seagal ponytail.



An ugly noir guy I've been drawing. I'd like to use him in something but I dunno what... Parts of me want to give him vampiric superpowers or make him a zombie or something if only because of his ghoulish appearance. Otherwise I see him as a Jonah Hex/Goliath from Gargoyles type of do-gooder.



More ugly guy. I just thought of Rutger Hauer so I'm thinking of naming him Rutger. Or something. I really like the left one most. The top guy was supposed to be someone Rutger could interact with maybe but he just turned out to be either Vincent from Silent Hill 3 or my brother if he was a devilish cur. That's probably the best pair of glasses I ever drew.... drawed. Drew.



Most recent Rutger pic. I like the big expressive eyes even if that expression is "angry" or "skeptical" most of the time.


I got some more things in the tubes I plan to color. Hopefully I'll receive that tablet from Joe soon. Can't wait to try that baby out!


Comments:
GLASSES GUY IS HAWT

[guzzles man cream]
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?