Monday, January 29, 2007

 

For All Practical Porpoises


It's BEEN A WHILE.

|:3

Taking a silent cinema and REMAKES class this semester. Should be boffo. Silent film's a challenge so far. The class is FOUR HOURS LONG!!!1 and I got stuff like Birth of a Nation coming up. Can I stand a 3+ hour racist epic? We'll find out.

Remakes is much more contemporary and I'm familiar with pretty much every movie on the syllabus (T2 for college? I'm in... the right college!) but it should be nice. The recitation is cool. Everyone seems to enjoy my (formerly-)bearded presence, and hey, that's what REALLY matters in a class. Plus there's a cute gal from Amsterdam. Oh ho, time to show her the sights. }:3

Saw King of Scotland last night. It was okay. Most overrated movie of the year for sure but Forrest was good, can't deny that. The plot was just so by-the-numbers conventional. You know what's gonna happen, you've seen it all before. It reminded me of Salvador, mixing a fictional protagonist - particularly, putting a white face on foreign suffering - with historical happenings. I think I liked Salvador better but that may be a terrible comparison to begin with. Both are pretty "meh" movies in the broad scheme of things.

Chicken.

Comments:
CHICKEN!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?